Dwarf Canvas is a HTML5 canvas based planning tool for the game Dwarf Fortress. It currently features the 18x18 Ironhand graphics set, as well as the option to switch to the default 10x12 ASCII set
It's an alternative for Dwarf Fortress players who use a tileset and are unfamiliar with what ascii characters represent what tile, or want their diagrams to be easier to follow.
- Colour Picker: Choose your tile foreground and background colour here. Presents the 16 default DF colours.
- Premade Backgrounds: Tiling backgrounds made from DF maps. Easier than drawing it all yourself!
- Palette tools:
- Ironhand Tileset (Optimized for slightly easier use)
- Letter & Numbers
- Humanoids (Goblins, Elves, Humans, Kobolds)
- Critters (Animals, Dragons and other Forgotten Beasts)
- Change Tileset: Choose from a list of available tilesets. (Will create a new canvas)
- Enable / Disable Grid: The grid makes it easier to align tiles, but one might want to turn it off before saving.
- New Canvas: Discards the current drawing and returns to a blank state.
- Save Canvas: Generates a unique URL where you and your friends can access the saved drawing. This always generates a new URL, instead of overwriting previous saves.
- About: This info.
If you run into problems, or want a tileset added, contact me.